Sunday, March 9, 2008

To blog? Or not to blog?

It has been a L-O-N-G time since I posted my thoughts in a public way. Long time. I'm toying with the idea. (Okay, obviously a little more than toying... but we'll see how far it goes.)

I feel the need to weigh the options...

1. I have a busy life. Most of the time, way too busy. And yet I wonder if this is just my perspective. Whatever. This could go both ways. I have never started blogging because I feel I have no time. However, I have really felt lately that a journal/blog would help me to sort out life in the middle of my hectic days. Today, this side won out.

2. My family does it. Well, my husband's family anyway. It's rare that I read their blogs, but I did today. (I have loads of work to do, and I'm an award-winning procrastinator.) And I have to admit that I LOVED reading up on their lives. I am so bad about calling and keeping in touch. I think about people all the time, but never stop long enough to put that thought into action - for a few reasons. This could potentially be a good way to stay in touch with them. I still have to put effort into it, but I'm going to try!

3. I have a need to share my life. Recently, I have found this is a personality flaw - something I'm trying to suppress. It's not really working. But, maybe... possibly... if I can get my thoughts written out, I won't have to talk to everyone around me about everything. Anyone who chooses to read my blog has complete control over continuing to know my thoughts. Rather than forcing them on anyone in my path.

4. My life is FLYING by all of the sudden. When did college end? Or, shoot... high school!? And in processing all the changes, my mind gets all tangled. I frequently feel the need to unravel all that is within (or parts, anyway) and, since I'm trying not to spill all over innocent bystanders, typing might be beneficial.

I bet this sounds ridiculous. It works out in my head. We shall see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might make me crazy, but I completely understand what you're saying :). Welcome to the online world. Now you can be stalked easier than ever!

Can't wait till this weekend. Yee haw!

Brady said...

I know what you mean about staying in contact. I think about everybody in our family just about everyday, and I wish there was a simpler way to keep in contact. Reading each other's thoughts/happenings really helps keep at least a connection between random gatherings. I really hope you two are doing well down there & I miss you both!

-Love Brady

rusty said...

i really like the triple tango but the cinnamon is the most popular at our church. nice to see you on blogger! i really like it.