Friday, March 28, 2008

SPRING BREAK!! It's great to be in the "real world," never having to have given up that wonderful hiatus that comes each spring. A few things to cover:

1 - My birthday was fantastic. I have a husband who always makes me feel special, but I really feel like he was very intentional this year about the birthday thing. First of all, he bought a new couch. I have wanted a second one for a long time. We entertain quite a bit and the seating would help. He perfectly picked one out and had it set up at home when I got home from work the week before my birthday! (Special thanks goes out to Larry and Erin for the assist on this one!) This shows 2 very important pieces of things I love in our relationship right now... #1: He is paying attention to my extra little desires AND knows me well enough to figure them out. And #2: He planned. This may not be an issue to everyone, but knowing that he did not run out the night before and pick up a last minute gift (as he and I are very often guilty of doing) is a BIG deal to me. He probably doesn't realize it, but this part meant the most to me. (Helpful hint for guys: It SCREAMS "I'm thinking about you.")

On top of this, he made the day special as well. My birthday was on Easter this year (never before, never again) so I wasn't expecting much else. We flew out to Long Island, which cost a fortune, so that was enough. BUT. Saturday night we all went to dinner and he surprised me AGAIN! Janelle slyly handed him a card from her purse. On the front, it read "You're the One." The inside was long and somewhat cheesy. And then the BACK had a typed out letter taped to it. It began something like this...

Happy Birthday, Cassie! You know what? I love you. It's great to be in love with you. I once heard that love is a many spendored thing. You're my favorite. I've enjoyed you every day that I've known you. From sun up to sun down. I have never had a dull moment or a blue moon with you. [getting it yet?] I've enjoyed every season spent with you, but one of my favorite seasons has been the summer and those perfect summer nights. [anything?] I used to come home from work as the ice job with my hair all messed up, my clothes with grease, lightning-fast you'd still embrace me anyway. [ok, last chance...] That told me I knew that you're the one that I want."


This was not even HALF of the message. He went on to quote many more lyrics from the musical, and underneath the paper was a picture of the show! My brothers had started singing "You're the one that I want" as soon as I opened the card. They were shocked that I had not figured it out right away. But I don't know, my brothers do random things! And it went with the card? So anyway. Sunday night we went to see GREASE on Broadway! I love Broadway shows. Love them. And while Grease wouldn't normally be top on my list, we had watched the reality show last year where they pick Danny and Sandy, so seeing them in the show was definitely something I had wanted to do. It was really fun. And I *think* he may have even enjoyed it!

I had a 2, 3, and even 4, but I wrote too much. CliffsNotes? Best pedicure ever. Easter was good. I got sick AGAIN. Darin got sick in TN. Janelle got sick. (Something we ate?) Addison dances all the time. FUNNY. Lost was a disappointment. Juno was alright. People made out on planes. I'm sick again. Surgery? We'll see...

4 comments:

WICK said...

finally discovered your blog...woot. :)

Go Darin...sniff...u make me proud.

Pssh...Lost, a disappointment? Blasphemy.

Sarah Anne said...

So glad to find out you have a blog! So glad to hear you had a great (incredible!) birthday!
So wish we could see you guys soon!

P.S.- Totally agree that Lost has been disappointing so far this season!

Sarah Anne said...

CASSIE ORING!!!

YOU OWE ME A BLOG!!!

I WANT TO HEAR WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

HOW WAS YOUR TRIP(S)?????

Leah said...

You need to update! Spring break was a long time ago. Time for your summer break post.