Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Cotton Anniversary and "I Want to Wear it Again" Party!


Last Tuesday was our second anniversary. :)

It's been a great 2 years. And my favorite part is how I feel at this point. Dating brought some great times - times I definitely miss. Being engaged was exciting/stressful. And the first year was quite an experience. But I can definitely say at this point that I am more in love today than yesterday. That's huge. Really really huge. We're at a good, strong place in our relationship. And, as I have seen in my professional life, I see how God has orchestrated our love life as well. He guided us through all types of times during the first 2 years of our marriage. I am so thankful for where we are today.



Darin and I decided that giving gifts wasn't really our style. Instead we want to go out and do something big together. Last year, we used some old vouchers to go to the Bahamas. And though we tried to get a bump to provide for our next vacation, we had no such luck this year. So we had to stay relatively local. We went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Nashville. Delicious. And very nice.


I love this man.


THE NEXT DAY...

In the spirit of celebrating our wedding day, I hosted a party. Actually, it all came up the previous Saturday, when Cassie and Leah and I got to talking about our wedding dresses. So yes. We had an "I Want to Wear it Again" party. I think the pictures will explain it all.






Wedding cake cupcakes, Friends, Guitar Hero, dinner, jordan almonds... amazing. I think I'm going to do this every year.

7 comments:

WICK said...

well done...congrats on the Anniversary...we love you both!!!!

so...Sophie said she needs a cousin.....? :)

Emily G. said...

Love the dress party! You guys all look beautiful!

PS We went to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary too! (June 5th) That place is soooooooooooo good!

Leah said...

So those oh so good jordan almonds?? Finally went to the dentist today. That sucker cracked on of my fillings a little bit. Which she said made my tooth feel bruised...which is why it hurt to eat those chips at Chili's two nights later. Good news it is doesn't hurt anymore. Bad news is a still have to get a new filling. I don't enjoy the dentist anymore. Only the laughing gas.

Brady said...

A great way to get what Darin calls the "body in the box" out. Looks like you guys had a great time, and I'm glad life is going so incredibly well for you guys. Elizabeth and I miss you so much!

The Overstreets said...

What a great idea! I love that Friends episode too.

emily jordan said...

awe, you are so fun! i'm glad you and darin had a nice anniversary:) congrats!

and maybe i can be there to take your family pictures next year...;)

Anonymous said...

haha, shoot! I'm about three years too late for this party! haha, I'm looking forward to what is to come though. This is really special, and it's truly amazing how great God has been to you and Darin and your relationship. It's awesome to see such great examples, I love you both so much, and I'm looking forward to seeing you VERY soon! Love ya! <3 Sister Oring (Hofer 2 Be!)