But, alas, I have returned. Let's back up a bit to catch up... I'll add little by little.
A few days ago, I sat in bed, reading before I started my day (I LOVE this part of my new summer vacation). I was struck by how orchestrated my professional life has been. I know, I know... "What professional life?" True, it's only been one year. But God so clearly defined a path leading to that year. Certainly shaky at times (at least from my point of view), but perfectly directed towards the goal. Now, I suppose it's silly to think that I have reached the end goal. I know it's "just the beginning," but I feel like I just crossed the finish line.
The end of the school year was well worth the wait! It was so exciting to have accomplished one year. I really cannot explain it in any other way: accomplished. I decided this might be one of the things I am most proud of in my life so far. I worked really hard to keep at it - harder than I ever worked in school. And at the end of it all, I absolutely loved it. I found a love for those kids... one that isn't really easily explained or found, but certainly deep. Do you know that I miss them? Even those who found joy in making me completely crazy on a daily basis. I miss them the most. (ok, maybe all but 1 or 2.) The other day I was wracking my brain, trying to remember where they all work so I could pick up lunch somewhere and "run into" someone. It's a good sign, I think... to not be so repulsed by students, even in the middle of the summer when we're supposed to be on a break from it all. Not that I'm not enjoying my summer. I most certainly am. My dad said last week, "this part of teaching certainly suits you, doesn't it?" Sure does! I'll post about my summer adventures later.
..... I was about to post my class pictures. I can't do that. It's a shame, but it's also illegal. So how about the English act from the SR Talent Show? They were fantastic! I love these people. They made this year significantly better.

3 comments:
Yeah, so excited to see you are back to blogging! I always check to see if you've updated. I understand what you are saying about missing your kids from school, especially the ones that give you the most trouble. It's bitter sweet.
Love you both and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
yes, welcome back to the blogosphere. :) Youth ministry is a great way to not have to leave students, and to legally be able to post pictures of them on your blog....I think. :)
It's only illegal if you get caught :).
Post a Comment