Friday, February 20, 2009

I found JOY last weekend...

Last weekend was the best I have had in quite some time.
  • We are so excited that our friends from Olivet, Kevin and Emily, have moved to Middle TN! We met them at the Pancake Pantry (amazing) for breakfast on Saturday. I can't exactly explain it, but there is something extra comfortable about being able to hang out with them again. Thrilled that they are close!
  • Darin and I had a nice Valentine's dinner at a new Mexican place in town. This was the first time we've gone out for Valentine's Day - which is really surprising if you know us at all. It was a relaxing evening which is exactly the way I love to spend time with my husband.
  • Sunday morning was a rough one for me, but, thankfully, it did not last. It was so exciting to go to church and see Laura... in from California. This is the first real amount of time I have spent with her since we all got married. In fact, I had seen her a total of 20 minutes in 2.5 years. No good.
  • Sunday afternoon was my shower at church and it was wonderful! I could not believe the love that was shown! It really just really felt so good to me. By this time in the weekend, I was finally relaxed. That makes me feel like I can take time to be excited about this baby!!
  • After the shower, I spent some time with the girls at Starbucks. This was an interesting combination of people - someone from almost every time period in my life! And yet we sat and talked like a group of friends who have known each other for decades. I loved it. Then Kevin, Emily, Laura, Darin and I went for some Camino... and Laura and I spent most of the night on my couch, just talking. It's so natural for us to just pick up our friendship like it's 5 years ago. More goodness.
  • Monday was a holiday... Leah, Laura, and I had a girls day and, again, it was just relaxing and fun! SuperTarget, Toot's, the movies, shopping, homemade calzones, and The Bachelor - it doesn't get much better than that!
I don't know why, exactly, I felt the need to summarize my weekend on this blog... but I did. I think I'm just trying to remember what that natural enjoyment felt like - I lost that this week. I'm so tired of being busy. I need a remedy... soon. It's really not working out for me.

**And in case you were wondering: I did NOT cry the day after my post about crying! :) However, I have cried every day since. :/ I'll get there...**

4 comments:

Leah said...

I have your remedy for being busy - just say no! It is ok to turn down plans (before they are made of course!) to relax and do nothing. And it is ok for that to be the reason. Well, atleast I will accept that reason if I ask you to do something...b/c I have given it before to many people and didn't feel bad about it.

I am glad your weekend turned out so good! You did have a random mix of friends at Starbucks on Saturday, but I enjoyed them all. Let's do it again!

WICK said...

prayin' for my niece, and lovin' you two....glad to hear things are going well!!!!

Emily G. said...

I hope you do take the time to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy. It sounds weird...but I MISS being pregnant! It is such an unreal, special time...to have that little one inside you, thriving off of you, etc.

PS I am jealous you guys went to the Pancake Pantry!! We tried to go last weekend when my parents were in town, and the line was WAY too long!

emily jordan said...

awe, cassie, we are thrilled as well to be close to you guys again! hope we can hang out this weekend!! :)