As a teacher, I guess that's easy for me to say. Those of you with "real" jobs probably roll your eyes when I profess my endless devotion to this sunny season, but there's more to it than just not having to clock-in at work. Summer means not taking my Mady to the sitter. (No offense, Nicole - we love you!) Summer means I can do all my home projects without feeling like I should be grading papers. Summer means looking back on the past year of teaching and having time to create new ideas. Summer means traveling to see those I love and miss so much. Summer means reorganizing and reinventing. Summer might even mean blogging!
For me, summer is what the rest of the working world probably feels at New Year's. I don't stop at New Year's and take time to reflect and reinvent. I'm pretty sure I don't even stop to BREATHE until school lets out in May. (In fact, there are friends I barely even talk to if it's not June or July!) But I'm ready. I'm ready to focus on reinventing a few things within myself. I'm ready for summer.
So maybe I'll keep up with this blog. It's something I'd like to do, but not something that's high on my list of priorities, so we'll see! In the meantime, here are a few pictures of my Mady since you've last been updated...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
whoo hooooo!
I'm semi-with you. Although my job gets significantly busier in the summer, due to teens having more freedom/time. It also means I get to connect with them in ways/amounts I can't during the school year.
I love it.
Post a Comment