Mady has been home 17 days now. Charlie was at my parents' for the first few days. So the two of them have been in the house together for 14 days. He's pretty curious... checking her out and licking her feet or hands when he gets the chance. But he's also been very careful, which is good. We've caught him a couple of times sitting under her bassinet or swing when she starts to wake up or cry. He even sits on the bed with her while I get ready in the mornings. I watched him one morning scoot from the other side of the bed... getting closer and closer very slowly and carefully - it was funny to watch. I thought they were becoming good buddies.

HOWEVER. This morning Mady, Charlie, and I were hanging out in bed watching the Today show. I took Mady in her room to change her diaper. When I returned, I found a demolished pacifier and Charlie, sitting in his cage. I could not have been gone more than a few minutes and he absolutely destroyed that plastic. My favorite little pink one, too! Charlie is not a chewer. The only time he has ever torn up anything was when I left him out of his cage alone for too long and he ate my couch pillow. He was way too stressed. So what does this mangled pacifier mean? Is it a desperate cry for attention? Or was he just really curious as to what was so great about sticking that thing in your mouth?
I have to over-analyze things and find new entertainment now that I'm not working. :)

2 comments:
I think he wanted to see what was so good about putting it in your mouth. He probably thought it was some kind of treat. I am sure they make dog chew toys shaped like a pacifier. Maybe he wants his own!
And FINALLY! An update with a picture! Yay!
What a precious picture! I say he just wanted to know what all the fuss over a paci is about.
Post a Comment